Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some Things are Better Than Chocolate

I like chocolate...this much you know. Sometimes I dream about chocolate, or I lie awake thinking about chocolate (or knitting, or both - has anyone figured out how to knit with chocolate yet?) and what I might do with it or how I might work it into something new and different. There are other things that occupy my mind, though, because I recognize that life holds many, many more treasures: holding my sleeping baby daughter, watching my youngest son build a "tower" with blocks, helping my oldest son with his homework, explaining to my oldest daughter why I don't think she should read Twilight right now, and (probably most valuable of all) going to bed knowing my children are all home, healthy, and safe.

While I do cherish my children every day, I think sometimes I get so caught up in the trappings of life -  business, housework, laundry, taking people here and there, attending meetings, etc. - that I don't stop and just enjoy every moment. Even the "unpleasant" moments hold meaning and offer opportunities to learn, grow, and love.

Believe it or not, you may do the same thing. So...today, join me in appreciating the "Better than Chocolate" things that life has to offer. Take a few minutes, get a piece of really good chocolate (you know my favorite!), sit, and just ENJOY. Reflect and meditate as you let the chocolate melt in your mouth - and know that the wonderful sensation is just the beginning of the miracle.

No comments: