Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chocolate Overload? Can it be?

Just last night, I returned from our National Conference in New Jersey. All I can say is...WOW. I ate more chocolate in one three day period than I ever have, but most importantly, I met scores of amazing women who love chocolate as much as I do and who share my passion for channeling that love into making the world a better place. I cannot tell you what joy I experienced in rediscovering the value of working with a company that supports women in the way that DCD does. OK, yes, this is a corporate entity with private shareholders and they care about profit margins and dollars - can't fault 'em for that - but the entire focus of this weekend's conference fell more in the realm of "make your dreams come true." Most of the speakers concentrated on what this business has done for them personally, i.e., skill development, newfound friendships, renewed self confidence, etc. I honestly believe that I work with a company that cares about PEOPLE, not just the almighty dollar. I'll share more about that later, but I'm dying to tell you about the CHOCOLATE, so it will have to wait!


The people on the R & D team at DCD have made me one happy Chocolatier this weekend by announcing that they have added my favorite combination of ingredients to our product line: Double Chocolate Caramel Nut Clusters! To me, chocolate + caramel + pecans = "The Holy Trinity." (Anyone from the Home Office who might read this is thinking at this point, "Good thing we didn't consult her for the name of the product"...can you imagine? Might as well call them "Sweet Irreverence Bits" or something equally distasteful...but I digress.) Needless to say, HOORAH. And guess what else? I tasted these personally, and they ROCK. They totally could have called them something with "holy" in the moniker.

One of the biggest surprises: Merlot Fudge Sauce. Now, I have heard for a long time that red wine goes well with chocolate, but had NO IDEA, really, until I tasted this. I can't adequately describe it, except to say that I've never had better fudge sauce. It has a complexity of flavors that defies logic and makes you feel as though all is well with the world!

I've come to the conclusion that I can't possibly fit everything about our new product line into one post, so I'll have to save some for later. I read recently in The Road Less Traveled that delayed gratification is a good thing, so I'll just consider this an exercise in self development!

Peace, love, and chocolate.

No comments: